5,000 tickets at $225 each will be available through our 2023 Ticket Aid Program (formerly the Low Income Ticket Program). These tickets are reserved for participants on a limited income who cannot otherwise afford our regular priced tickets. These tickets are non-transferrable and available by application only.
The application has more detailed instructions, but here’s what you need to know so you can be prepared to apply.
- If you purchase a ticket to Burning Man 2023 in ANY sale, you are not eligible to participate in the Ticket Aid Program.
- If you are approved for a reduced-price ticket through the Ticket Aid Program and purchase a Burning Man 2023 ticket in any later sale, your Ticket Aid Program award will be revoked, even if the ticket was purchased for someone else or you let someone else use your credit card.
- If a ticket to Burning Man 2023 is transferred into your name, you are no longer eligible to receive a ticket through the Ticket Aid Program and your award will be revoked.
- The Application Period opened on March 15, 2023 at 12pm (noon) PDT and will close on May 24, 2023 at 12pm (noon) PDT or as soon as we have enough applicants, whichever comes first. Submit your application as soon as possible.
- Applications are one per person. No couple or group applications. Feel free to reference each other in your applications if you wish.
- Applications are one per email address. Applications with duplicate email addresses will not be considered.
- You may not submit an application on someone else’s behalf unless the applicant has a disability that prevents them from submitting it themselves.
- You must use your legal name on your application. If you are awarded a ticket you will be required to show a legal photo ID in order to collect it at the Box Office of the Burning Man event.
- You must provide proof of your income and expenses; applications without documentation cannot be considered.
- We will not request additional documentation or clarification, please ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
- Approved applicants will need to pay for tickets online between July 24 – 27, 2023 and are also eligible to purchase a $75 vehicle pass at the same time if needed.
- Tickets awarded through the Ticket Aid Program are $225 each plus taxes and fees.
- Tickets awarded through the Ticket Aid Program are held at the Box Office for Will Call pickup, no exceptions.
- Tickets awarded through the Ticket Aid Program cannot be picked up until the Box Office opens on August 21, 2023. Anyone arriving on-site before the event opens August 27 must have a valid Work Access Pass.
- Ticket Aid Program awards and tickets purchased through the Ticket Aid Program are completely non-transferrable.
- It may take up to twelve (12) weeks to review applications after submission. You will be notified of your application status regardless of if your application is approved or denied.
Here are some tips to make sure your application submission process is as easy as possible.
- Financial documentation must have your name and date visible or they will not be accepted. Don’t forget to black out your social security number if visible.
- Do not fill out the application on a mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
- Make sure you’re using the most up to date version of your browser, and don’t use Internet Explorer.
- You must upload 3 documents proving your income & expenses for your submission to be complete. Examples:
- Your current W2 or other tax documents for 2022,
- tax return for 2022 or 2021,
- a current pay stub with your name and aggregate pay on it,
- disability or unemployment benefits statement,
- a current student loan statement,
- proof of debt,
- mortgage statement, etc.
- Note: The above are examples of accepted documents, not an exhaustive list. Documents not listed above that still display proof of income & expenses are gladly accepted.
- File Formats accepted: .jpg or .pdf, single page only for each, 10 MB or less each.
- You can always take a picture of your documents using a digital camera, or smartphone if you don’t have access to a scanner.
- Be sure to check your spam and promotions folder for emails from us.
For questions not answered in the above information or our Frequently Asked Questions, or if you haven’t received an email copy of your application within 24 hours of submission please email us.