Welcome to the Burning Man Ticket Page. This is the official source for information about Black Rock City 2020 tickets.
NOTICE: The Main Sale is postponed until further notice. Please see this Burning Man Journal post for more information about this difficult decision.
Interested in going to Black Rock City 2020? Before you buy a ticket be sure to read our Ticket Terms and Conditions. You’ll find them unlike those for any other event, especially some critical agreements related to image use, risk of injury or death, the prohibition of commercial activities, and other fun tidbits.
GENERAL TICKET SALE INFO
- All sales require registration through Burner Profiles. Make sure your Profile is complete, current, set up with your preferred email address, and that you know your log-in details.
- Each sale has its own dedicated registration period.
- Registering for a sale does not guarantee you access to a ticket or vehicle pass.
- Anyone who successfully buys a ticket in one of our sales is ineligible to participate in all subsequent sales for the year, regardless of ticket price. The only exception to this is buyers in the Directed Group Sale who may also participate in the FOMO sale.
- Unless otherwise stated, vehicle passes may only be purchased with an event ticket.
- Only one order per person and per credit card is allowed.
- You may not use the same credit card to purchase multiple orders.
- MasterCard and Visa are the only credit/debit cards accepted.
- All sales of Burning Man tickets and vehicle passes are final and no refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Unless otherwise stated, all tickets bought through online sales are fully transferrable and eligible for name changes.
- Tickets and vehicle passes may only be resold for face-value plus fees. Any tickets or vehicle passes being sold for above face-value plus fees may be canceled without notice or refund. See below for tips on fraud prevention and avoiding scalpers.
- You do not need to create an account with our ticketing partner in advance of, or during, the purchase process.
2020 TICKET SALES AND PROGRAMS
- All vehicles driving into Black Rock City are required to have a current vehicle pass displayed in the windshield. Motorcycles and towed vehicles are exempt from the vehicle pass requirement.
- Vehicle passes do not allow a vehicle to drive within Black Rock City. When you reach your camp, you are expected to park your car for the duration.
- Vehicle passes will be available in each of the ticket sales.
- The OMG sale is the only sale in which vehicle passes may be purchased on their own.
- In all other sales vehicle passes must be purchased in conjunction with event tickets and may not be purchased in excess of one vehicle pass per two tickets.
- A limited number of vehicle passes will be available at $140 each, plus applicable fees.
For more information about vehicle passes, please read through the FAQ.
DELIVERY, FEES & TAXES
- The 9% Nevada Live Entertainment Tax will be added to the price of all tickets.
- All tickets and vehicle passes are subject to a $4 fee per item.
- In addition to the $4 fee, there will be a percentage-based fee of 2.7% of each purchase subtotal. Not only will this fee cover all credit card processing costs, but it means that less expensive orders incur smaller fees than more expensive orders.
- New for 2020: U.S. orders can choose Flex Ship for $25. Flex Ship gives the flexibility of Will Call — you can transfer tickets and participate in STEP — or opt later to have your tickets shipped up until August 6, 2020. If you do nothing, they remain Will Call.
- Within the U.S., orders are shipped securely using USPS Priority Signature Confirmation for $15 per order or UPS 3 Day Select for $25 per order.
- Canadian orders may choose UPS Ground for $30 or Will Call for $15
- Outside Canada, International orders that qualify for a post-purchase shipping upgrade are shipped via International UPS for $30 per order.
- Will Call pick up at the Box Office in Black Rock City costs $15 per order. (Will Call delivery is the only delivery method subject to the 9% Nevada Live Entertainment Tax. $1.24 of the $15 fee is built-in tax.)
- For anyone who buys tickets in the Directed Group Sale, FOMO Sale, or Main Sale and selects USPS Priority Signature Confirmation or UPS 3 Day Select: changes to addresses or method of delivery cannot be made after 12pm (noon) PDT on June 4, 2020.
- Orders will begin shipping mid-June 2020.
FRAUD PREVENTION & THIRD PARTY BUYER INFO
We understand that for some people buying tickets second-hand is the most realistic option. To help people do this more confidently, we have created a section of our FAQ with tips on buying tickets more safely.
Before buying a third-party ticket or vehicle pass, check to make sure the ticket, vehicle pass and/or order number isn’t listed on our voided ticket and order list. Tickets, vehicle passes, and orders can be voided for numerous reasons, including being reported as stolen, lost by the postal service, being sold for above their face value, or other breach of the ticket terms and conditions of sale. When the list becomes live, we’ll link to it here, and it will continually be updated as we have new information. Any ticket or vehicle pass that has been voided is not valid for entry to Black Rock City 2020.
If you see marked-up tickets being offered anywhere else, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots and details so we can pursue it (and yes, we really do). The more information you can provide us, the better.
If you see a listing for marked up tickets on eBay, please report the item directly to eBay to have it taken down. You can find instructions here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not finding the answer to your question here? Visit our extensive Ticket Support page to find the answers to (hopefully) all of your questions!
Additionally, you can email us, and we’ll be happy to answer any ticket-related questions.
2020 IMPORTANT DATES
All of our ticket sales and programs open and close at 12pm (noon) Pacific Time. Not sure when that is in your area? Use this handy timezone converter.
|Date||What is Happening|
|Thursday, February 13 – Friday, February 21, 2020||Directed Group Sale form open
|Wednesday, February 12 – Wednesday, April 15, 2020*||Low Income Ticket Program Application open
*unless enough applications are received earlier
|Wednesday, February 26, 2020||Directed Group Sale starts
|Wednesday, March 11 – Friday, March 13, 2020||FOMO Sale (formerly Pre-Sale) ($1,400 tickets) registration open|
|Wednesday, March 18, 2020||FOMO Sale (formerly Pre-Sale) ($1,400 tickets) SALE starts|
|TBA||Main Sale ($475 tickets) registration open
|TBA||Main Sale ($475 tickets) SALE starts
|Mid-June||Ticket order delivery begins|
|Wednesday, July 29 – Friday, July 31, 2020||OMG Sale ($550 tickets) registration open|
|Wednesday, August 5, 2020||OMG Sale ($550 tickets) starts|
For the most up to date ticket info check this page regularly and subscribe to Burning Man’s email newsletter the Jackrabbit Speaks.