Welcome to the 2017 Burning Man Ticket Page. This is the official source for information about Black Rock City 2017 tickets.
Need help figuring out when a stated date and time are in your area? Use this handy timezone converter.
2017 IMPORTANT DATES
|Date||What is Happening|
|Wednesday, January 25, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Pre-Sale ($990 & $1,200) registration opens|
|Friday, January 27, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Pre-Sale ($990 & $1,200) registration closes|
|Wednesday, February 1, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Pre-Sale ($990 & $1,200) SALE starts|
|Tuesday, February 14, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Directed Group Sale form opens|
|Wednesday, February 15, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Low Income Ticket Application Opens|
|Friday, February 24, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Directed Group Sale form closes|
|Wednesday, March 1, 2017||12pm (noon) PST: Directed Group Sale ($425) SALE starts|
|Wednesday, March 22, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: Main Sale ($425) registration opens|
|Friday, March 24, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: Main Sale ($425) registration closes|
|Wednesday, March 29, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: Main Sale ($425) SALE starts|
|Wednesday, April 12, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: STEP opens to participants submitting $425 tickets & vehicle passes|
|Monday, April 17, 2017||Low Income Ticket Application Closes (if max not reached earlier)|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: STEP opens to participants wanting to purchase $425 tickets & vehicle passes|
|Wednesday, May 31, 2017||Last day to request delivery/shipping changes|
|Mid-June||Ticket order delivery begins|
|Monday, July 17, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: STEP closes to sellers|
|Friday, July 21, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: STEP closes to buyers (last links sent)|
|Wednesday, July 26, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: OMG Sale ($425) registration opens|
|Friday, July 28, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: OMG Sale ($425) registration closes|
|Wednesday, August 2, 2017||12pm (noon) PDT: OMG Sale ($425) starts|
2017 SALE STRUCTURE
GENERAL TICKET SALE INFO
- All sales require registration through Burner Profiles, so make sure your Profile is set up, complete, current, and that you know your log in details.
- Registering for a sale does not guarantee you access to a ticket or vehicle pass.
- Buying a $425 ticket in a sale precludes you from buying additional $425 tickets in a later sale—only one order per person and per credit card is allowed.
- You may not use the same credit card to purchase multiple orders.
- The name on the credit card used to purchase is the name on the ticket order.
- MasterCard and Visa are the only credit/debit cards accepted.
- All tickets bought through online sales are fully transferrable and eligible for name changes.
- Tickets and vehicle passes may only be resold for face value. Any tickets or vehicle passes being sold for above face-value may be canceled without notice.
- All vehicles driving into Black Rock City are required to have a vehicle pass displayed in the windshield. Motorcycles and towed vehicles are exempt from the vehicle pass requirement.
- Vehicle passes do not allow a vehicle to drive within Black Rock City – when you reach your camp you are expected to park your car for the duration.
- Vehicle passes will be available in each of the ticket sales.
- Vehicle passes are restricted in each sale: in the Pre-Sale the vehicle pass limit is up to four (4) per order, in all other sales a maximum of one (1) vehicle pass per order.
- There will be approximately 27,000 vehicle passes available total, at $80 each, plus applicable fees.
- For more information about vehicle passes, please read through the FAQ.
- For a more in-depth explanation of our comprehensive traffic mitigation plan, please read this Burning Man Journal post.
DELIVERY, FEES & TAXES
- During the purchase process, only orders within the US and Canada can select shipping. Will Call delivery is the only option available during sales for other international orders, but those in qualifying areas will be contacted directly with an option to upgrade their order to include international shipping. (Roughly 85% of our international purchases are in areas serviced.)
- Orders will begin shipping mid-June 2017.
- Within the US, orders are shipped securely using: USPS Signature Confirmation for $12 per order, or UPS 2nd Day Air for $22 per order.
- Orders to Canada are shipped securely using Canada Post Regular Parcel for $29 per order, or Canada UPS Expedited for $39 per order.
- Having orders held for Will Call pick up at the Box Office costs $12 per order.
- In addition to delivery fees, all orders are subject to processing fees of $12 per ticket or vehicle pass.
- A 9% Nevada Live Entertainment Tax will be added to the price of all tickets and $8 of the $12 per ticket service fee. Will Call delivery is the only delivery method subject to this tax. The $12 Will Call delivery charge will be inclusive, meaning additional tax will not be added for choosing this delivery method ($1.08 of the $12 fee is built-in tax).
SECURE TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM (STEP)
The Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) is an online system that facilitates the safe resale of face-value tickets that have been purchased directly from Burning Man. It’s designed to provide a hassle-free, secure way of buying and selling tickets while avoiding scammers, counterfeits and scalpers. Read more…
LOW INCOME TICKET PROGRAM
For more information about the Low Income Ticket Program read more…
Kids and families have been part of Burning Man since 1986 on Baker Beach. Kids 12 and under still get in for free with their ticketed parents or legal guardians, but need to have their own free print-at-home Kids’ Ticket. If you’re bringing multiple children 12 years old and younger, you’ll need a Kids’ Ticket for each of them. Kids’ tickets will be available here later in the year.
FRAUD PREVENTION & THIRD PARTY BUYER INFO
We understand that for some people buying tickets second-hand is the most realistic option. To help people do this more confidently, we have created a section of our FAQ with tips on buying tickets more safely.
Before buying a third-party ticket or vehicle pass, check to make sure the ticket, vehicle pass and/or order number isn’t listed on our voided ticket and order list. Tickets, vehicle passes, and orders can be voided for numerous reasons, including being reported as stolen, lost by the postal service, or being sold for above their face value, or other breach of the terms and conditions of sale. This list will continually be updated as we have new information. Any ticket or vehicle pass that has been voided is not be valid for entry to Burning Man 2017.
If you see marked-up tickets being offered anywhere else, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots and details so we can pursue it (and yes, we really do). The more information you can provide us, the better.
If you see a listing for marked up tickets on eBay, please report the item directly to eBay to have it taken down. You can find instructions here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not finding the answer to your question here? Visit our extensive Ticket Support page to find the answers to (hopefully) all of your questions!
Additionally, you can email us, and we’ll be happy to answer any ticket-related questions.
For the most up to date ticket info check this page regularly and subscribe to Burning Man’s email newsletter the Jackrabbit Speaks.