The Secure Ticket Exchange Program facilitates the safe resale of authentic tickets and vehicle passes that have been purchased directly from Burning Man — it is the only guaranteed safe way to buy or sell tickets outside of regular sales. STEP is designed to provide a hassle-free, secure way of buying and selling tickets within the community while avoiding scammers, counterfeits, and speculators. Our Secure Ticket Exchange Program will again be run by Lyte. STEP is only accessible through your logged-in Burner Profile.
- STEP opens to sellers and buyers April 26, 2023 at 12pm (noon) PDT, through Burner Profiles.
- STEP will be paused for the OMG Sale July 23 – August 3, 2023.
- Once STEP re-opens August 3, it will remain open through August 26, 2023.
- STEP opens to sellers Wednesday, April 26, 2023 through Burner Profiles.
- No tickets may be submitted for resale while STEP is paused
- $2750, $1500, and $575 tickets are all eligible for resale.
- Tickets in orders slated to be shipped can only be sold back to STEP before fulfillment begins on June 19, 2023.
- Sellers are refunded by Lyte via PayPal. Sellers will need to provide their PayPal account info when they return their tickets.
- Vehicle passes may only be returned in conjunction with tickets.
- There is a $10 per item restocking fee.
- STEP opens for buyers to get on the waitlist Wednesday, April 26, 2023 through Burner Profiles.
- Anyone who has not already purchased a ticket through a previous sale is eligible to request to buy a ticket through STEP.
- When you request to buy a ticket in STEP you must provide payment information. If a ticket becomes available, your credit card will be automatically charged at that time.
- Vehicle passes can only be bought with tickets. Do not sign up for STEP if you only need a vehicle pass.
- Availability of tickets is dependent on tickets being sold back into the program.
- When tickets are available in STEP they are sold to people on the waitlist in the order they signed up.
- There is an additional STEP fee for buyers of 10% of the face-value of tickets and vehicle passes, capped at $100 total. All other standard taxes and delivery fees apply.
- Tickets purchased in STEP are fully transferable and eligible for name changes using ticket transfer functionality and the name change process in the Burning Man Tickets platform.
- Tickets purchased in STEP have the option to be shipped until July 21, 2023. After that, any tickets purchased through STEP will be held at Will Call for pick up at the Box Office at the Gate entrance to Black Rock City.
- STEP also offers a secure way to sell verified face-value tickets person-to-person! Additional transaction and processing fees apply.
For more information about STEP, see the STEP section of our Ticket Support page.