The Secure Ticket Exchange Program is an online system that facilitates the safe resale of face-value $425 tickets and vehicle passes that have been purchased directly from Burning Man. It’s designed to provide a hassle-free, secure way of buying and selling tickets within the community while avoiding scammers, counterfeits, and scalpers.
- Registration for STEP opens to those wanting to sell $425 tickets at 12pm (noon) PDT on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, through the Burner Profiles.
- Once tickets are submitted to STEP, sellers will be contacted directly with instructions on how to also submit vehicle passes.
- Any ticket order that has already begun the delivery process is no longer eligible for submission into STEP. The last day tickets slated to ship can be submitted back into STEP is Tuesday, May 31, 2017.
- Monday, July 17, 2017 at 12pm (noon) PDT is the last date/time that anyone with a Will Call order can submit a ticket for resale.
- Only $425 tickets and vehicle passes can be sold through STEP.
- Ticket sellers will not be refunded until their ticket(s) have been sold to another participant.
- Refunds will be processed to the card originally used to purchase the order.
- Anyone who has not already purchased a $425 ticket through one of our other sales can register to purchase a ticket through STEP.
- There is no way to register in STEP solely to purchase a vehicle pass.
- Registration for STEP takes place through the Burner Profiles beginning Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12pm (noon) PDT, for would-be ticket buyers.
- Availability of tickets is dependent on participants releasing tickets into the program.
- As soon as tickets are released into STEP they will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis via email notifications to registered participants.
- If you are offered ticket(s) through STEP you will have 72hrs to purchase before the ticket is released to the next person in the queue.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 is the last day ticket offer links will be sent out. Those links will be valid for 72 hours from the time they are sent.
- Anyone offered ticket(s) through STEP will also have the option to purchase one (1) vehicle pass.
- There is an additional $6 per item STEP fee for tickets and vehicle passes bought through STEP. All other usual fees apply.
- Ticket orders purchased in STEP are fully transferrable and eligible for name changes.
- Ticket orders purchased in STEP may opt to have their orders shipped.
- IMPORTANT: if you remove yourself from the STEP queue you are ineligible to re-enter the queue.
For more information about STEP, see the STEP section of our Ticket Support page.